Monday, June 17, 2013

God speaking through a thrift store t-shirt

A few days after Bruce saw my local Jamaican friend, Robert, in his parking space in the morning, Sue rang my doorbell at noon.  She had a small gift bag in her hand.  She hesitantly pulled out a t-shirt, said that she had been shopping at Goodwill, saw this and just felt like she should get it for me.  She said her husband thought it seemed kind of crazy and she didn’t really know what I would think, but she got it anyway.

When she showed it to me, I gasped, then started to cry.  She apologized for buying me something from a thrift store, but I quickly explained to her that was not at all the reason for my tears!  The tank top is a dark olive green with the word “Jamaica” across the front in sparkly rhinestones.  Sue knew that we had been to Jamaica, but she knew nothing more about our thoughts of going back or what we envision could lie ahead for us there.

Wow.  Is God really speaking to us?  It seems like He is no longer just tapping us gently on the shoulder, but ringing our doorbell!

No comments:

Post a Comment