Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Calling Wayne

The next morning we said our good-byes to Alex.  I remembered his instructions from last night and walked right over to the phone.  I called Wayne, but he didn’t answer.  So, I left a message.  I sent him a follow up email and waited.  Impatiently.

A couple of days later, I called Wayne again.  And the next day again.  Finally, I got a response to my email.  Apparently, Wayne had been out of the country on a mission trip.  Oh...

We arranged for a time to talk and I called him again.  This time he answered.  We chit-chatted and got to know each other a little bit.  Then I started to share with him about our vision and plans for Jamaica.  Wayne immediately broke out in patois, the familiar language of Jamaicans. Oh my goodness!  Wayne had spent two years living in Jamaica.  Well, now we really had something to talk about!

I felt comfortable sharing with Wayne and appreciated his input and suggestions.  He had been at the Christian Alliance for Orphans conference that we attended in May.  He was at their vendor table answering questions during the conference and we may have even met him there, but didn’t know it. He sent me some other resources and gave me some new ideas. I told him that we would connect back with him later when we felt like the time was right for us to talk about the possibility of partnering with Orphanos.

God keeps making connections for us.  Sometimes I have to look for them.  And other times, they start with a new friend who sits down at my kitchen table and gives me a direct order.

No comments:

Post a Comment