Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Possum Trot, Texas

One lazy Saturday morning in February, I picked up the latest issue of Guideposts magazine. I opened it up to an article called "The Healing Power of Unconditional Love".  Aw, doesn’t that sound sweet? I thought to myself.  I started to read the pages and my jaw dropped open.

This was the story of a pastor, Bishop WC Martin, and his wife, Donna, from Possum Trot, Texas. Donna felt God calling her to adopt kids out of foster care. When other members of their church saw what Donna and her husband were doing, they all wanted to adopt children, too.  The little town of Possum Trot, with a population of only 600 people, adopted 76 children out of the foster care system! When I read the article to Bruce, I couldn’t keep my voice from breaking up.  When I looked at him, his eyes were moist, too.

Wow.  If Possum Trot, Texas can adopt 76 children, what can we do?

You can read the Guideposts story here:
http://www.guideposts.org/inspiration/inspirational-stories/the-healing-power-of-unconditional-love

No comments:

Post a Comment